Sunday, February 13, 2022

OUR PARTNER…GOD


Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt." But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" So He said, "I will certainly be with you. And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain." Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.' “(
Exodus 3:10-14 NKJV)

                                                                                           

Nothing is more needed today than God's partnership as a realized fact in the Christian experience. Many of us may agree to what is written in these lines, and then put it aside, as a dream which is too unearthly to be of practical service. But when the apostle said that "our fellowship, i.e. our partnership, is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ" it is surely meant that we should enter upon our inheritance. "I AM... “our great partner says; "fill in your need, and I will meet your demand, according to the riches of My glory in Christ Jesus." Let us tear out the order-forms from God's service register, fill them up, and present them for delivery. Not one of them would be dishonored. And if it happened that we had wrongly diagnosed our need, He would erase the demand based on our imperfect knowledge, and substitute what we would ask if we knew. There is nothing more certain than that the more we ask of God, the more pleased He is to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think.

Our Lord made use of this incident when He was challenged by the Sadducees to give proof of the future life from the Books of Moses. He answered by quoting this paragraph of the burning bush, calling special attention to the fact that Moses referred to God as the "God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob." He said that the use of the present tense, I AM, proved that God is not the God of the dead but of the living, and that all live unto Him.

What a comfort there is in this thought that our loved ones who have passed from us are breathing in the same Spirit that we are. We all eat the same spiritual meat and all drink the same spiritual drink. We see in a mirror darkly, but they face to face; but this identity of fellowship, of partnership with the "I AM," the ever-present God who fills heaven and earth, is proof and a pledge that they have not changed essentially. They are drinking of the same stream higher up and nearer its source: "One family we are as we dwell in Him."

PRAYER

Accomplish Your perfect work in our souls, heavenly Father. As yet we are bound with many chains; we tarry among things seen and temporal, we are exposed to the storms of the outer world, and are wrestling with its ills. But we are not dismayed, for we are more than earth and dust, we are akin to You, through your Holy Spirit and can experience Your heavenly influence. Fill us with faith and love and hope. In Jesus’ name we ask it, AMEN.

God's Daily Promise

Promise #44:
If you wait for Me, I will work on your behalf.

Isaiah 64:4 (WEB)
For from of old men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear,
neither has the eye seen a God besides you,
who works for him who waits for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment