Monday, August 31, 2020

THE GROWTH OF THE SOUL



My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.  (Psalm 63:8 NKJV)

There are three notes in this Psalm which envision the stages of the soul's growth: "My soul thirsts for You"; "my soul shall be satisfied"; "my soul follows hard after You." We may be passing through a wilderness of spiritual drought, the dark night of the soul, the seasons of dryness and depression which are apt to come our way. In some cases, as when Elijah asked to die, or when John sent his despairing question to Christ from his prison, it is the result of physical or mental overstrains. But at such times, let's never hesitate still to speak of God as "'my God." Nothing can sever you from His everlasting love. You may not have the glad consciousness of it, but you must never surrender your belief in it. Go on blessing Him, as long as you live, and lift up your hands in prayer.
But we can never be satisfied with what we have attained. God is ever moving forward! Let's follow hard after Him.
PRAYER
Living or dying, Lord, I would be Yours. Draw me day by day nearer to Your self, until I be wholly filled with Your love, and fitted to behold You face to face. I ask this in Jesus' name, AMEN.
God's Daily Promise
Promise #243:
You can look forward to the new heaven and earth that I have promised.

2 Peter 3:13 (WEB)
But, according to his promise, 
we look for new heavens and a new earth, 
in which righteousness dwells.

No comments:

Post a Comment