Saturday, July 11, 2020

SEEKING LOST SOULS



And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.  (Luke 15:6, 7 NKJV)

Our Lord sought the proximity of sinners, not because there was any affinity between His character and theirs, but because He desired to bring them back from the far country into which they had wandered. The straying sheep heedlessly nibbles at the grass which lies immediately in front, and so eats its way until it has wandered a great distance from the shepherd, and the rest of the flock.
Is this a picture of your life? Have you lived only for personal gratification, drifting in thoughtlessness and unconsciousness of the dangers which threaten to destroy you? Then remember, that though you don’t care yourself, your condition is stirring the deepest solicitude in the heart of Christ. Probably you will never find your way back to Him, but Christ is on your track, and He will not relinquish his quest until He has come just where you are, and has rescued you from the rocks on which you have fallen, or from the thorns in which you are entangled.
The lost coin bears the image and superscription of the king, once clear cut by the mint, but it lies unused, tarnished and perhaps defaced, amidst the dust of the corner, or in the crack of the floor. Its owner sweeps, ransacks, and explores every possible hiding place until it is found. How aptly that lost coin represents the soul of man, made in the image of God, lying amid the dust of sin. The one hope for the sinner is the anxiety in the heart of God, who leaves no stone unturned that He may win us back. There is disturbance and removal, and the house of life is upset in every part, for no other reason than that we should be recovered.
PRAYER
Heavenly Father, help me not to stray from Your divine grace and mercy but to hold to Your holy hand as I walk through the dark and troublesome paths of life.  However, if I should stray, as I sometimes do, snatch be back and forgive me of my transgressions and teach me so that I learn from my mistakes and continue to walk righteously with You the remainder of my life on earth.  I pray in Jesus’ name, AMEN.
Something to consider:
and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) (NKJV)

(Hover over then click above)

God's Daily Promise
Promise #192:
I have poured My love into your heart by My Spirit.

Romans 5:5 (WEB)
and hope doesn’t disappoint us, 
because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts 
through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment